Doctoral researchers who excellently completed their dissertations can apply for a prize or receive an award. Such awards and the accompanying funds can foster their following career. If you have an excellent thesis, the following prizes and awards may be interesting for you:
- Deutscher Studienpreis by Körber Stiftung (German study award)
- KlausTschira Preis for comprehensible science (site in German)
- Overview on e-fellows on prizes and awards, can be sorted per topic
- Dieter Rampacher Prize of the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft
- Joachim Jungius Prize for young researchers (site in German)
- Werner and Inge Grüter Prize for Science Communication (German Award)
- The Gregor Louisoder Umweltstiftung awards prices to dissertations on topics related to environmental protection.
- The association of friends and sponsors at DESY awards the best dissertations of each year at DESY (site in German).
- Hamburg Prize for Theoretical Physics
- Röntgen Prize at the Justus Liebeig University in Gießen (in German)
- The Bernd Rendel-Preis is annually awarded to young researchers by the DFG (German Research Foundation).
- As part of the newcomer award, up to three participants may be awarded a prize of EUR 2.000 for their dissertations (Diploma / Master / Doctorate) concerning current issues in insurance and financial mathematics.
- The German Federal Bureau of Statistics annually awards to Gerhard-Fürst-Preis for excellent research.
- The working group of lectureres in measurement technologies AHMT e.V. annually awards a prize for dissertations on significant development in measurement technologies.
- Each year, the Society for Informatics e.V. (GI) (site in German) awards a prize of EUR 5.000 for an excellent dissertation (GI-Dissertation award), together with the Swiss Informatics Society (SI), the Austrian Computer Society (OCG) and the German Chapter of the ACM (GChACM). This includes not only dissertations that advance informatics but also dissertations that originate from the application of informatics to other disciplines and dissertations that investigate interactions between informatics and society. Applications may be submitted each year by February 15.
- The association for data protection and data security awards a research prize for dissertations related to these topics.
- The Ernst-Denert Stiftung annually awarded excellent, practice-related research. The foundation has been merged with its cooperation partner and the new foundation does not have a website yet (as of March 2020).