The dissertation is submitted for evaluation via the IT system Docata-MIN; the application to open the doctorate proceedings is submitted in this process.
(After) the opening of the doctorate proceedings:
- When the doctoral dissertation has been submitted, the responsible subject doctoral committee will appoint an examination commission and assessors/reviewers. This opens the doctoral examination procedure.
- According to the doctoral degree regulations, evaluations/assessments must be submitted within six weeks of the request (see Section 9 subsection 3 of the Doctoral Degree Regulations MIN Faculty (2010) and Section 10 subsection 3 of the Doctoral Degree Regulations MIN Faculty (2018)).
- After receipt of the evaluations/assessments and determination of the grade of the dissertation, a date for the oral defense can be scheduled.
- Approximately 3 months should be planned between the submission of the dissertation and the holding of the oral defense.
- Upon passing the oral defense, the doctoral candidate receives a preliminary certificate. This preliminary certificate does not entitle the doctoral candidate to use the doctor title.
- The doctoral degree certificate will be issued and the academic degree officially awarded after publication of the dissertation.
- The doctoral degree certificate should usually be issued within four weeks but in no event later than three months subsequent to the receipt of the notification that the publication obligations have been discharged.
The Academic Offices and the Doctoral Office Physics responsible for the doctoral procedure administration are located in the six departments of the MIN Faculty:
Information on the opening of the doctorate proceedings (including information on the requirements for the dissertation and the application documents and the requirements for the appointment of the assessors/reviewers and the examination commission) can be found on the above-mentioned websites. The staff members of the Academic Offices Biology, Chemistry, Earth System Sciences (formerly Earth Sciences), Informatics and Mathematics and the Doctoral Office Physics who are responsible for the doctoral procedure administration will advise you on all questions concerning the opening of the doctorate proceedings.
The currently valid doctoral degree regulations (Doctoral Degree Regulations MIN Faculty (2010) and Doctoral Degree Regulations MIN Faculty (2018)), according to which doctoral candidates open the doctorate proceedings, information sheets, guidelines and forms can be found here.