Are you interested in a doctorate in chemistry?
Decide on your key research area within the Department of Chemistry.
The Department of Chemistry offers the following specializations:
The Department of Chemistry proactively strives to interact and cooperate with other departments so that topics can be developed far beyond these areas.
Here you find more information on research in the Department of Chemistry.
Please see the department website if you are interested in the people or organization behind the research. For information on the key research areas, please see the webpages of the institutes and research areas (please be advised that some of the pages are in German only):
- Research area Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Research area Nanoscience and Materials Science
- Institute of Inorganic and Applied Chemistry
- Insitute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Institute of Food Chemistry
- Institute of Organic Chemistry
- Institute of Physical Chemistry
- Insitute of Pharmacy
- Technical and Macromolecular Chemistry
The University of Hamburg offers a doctorate in cooperation with the following non-university institutions:
- Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht - Centre for Materials and Coastal Research