Doctorate at MIN Faculty
You are interested in doctoral studies?
Doctoral studies are not only an important step in your academic career, but also a very exciting time. The following pages are intended to give you guidance in your decision to pursue a doctorate at the University of Hamburg and to inform you about important formal aspects. We answer questions such as:
- What are the requirements to do a doctorate at the MIN Faculty of Universität Hamburg?
- What is the difference between a structured doctoral program and an individual doctorate?
- How do I apply for admission to the doctorate?
- How do I enrol at Universität Hamburg?
- How long does a doctorate take?
- How do I submit my dissertation and what comes next?
Under "Service" you find further information on who can help you with questions and concerns, as well as contact information of our MIN tutors who will be happy to answer your questions about arriving and settling in Hamburg, and our Buddy Program. Moreover, you will find the FAQ for doctoral studies, which are designed to guide and support prospective and current doctoral researchers as well as their supervisors whenever questions and problems arise on the journey to a successful graduation. The FAQ have purely informational character and are not legally valid and enforceable.