You can find important documents and manuals for your doctoral studies below. You will find further formulars and specifics on your department's websites.
New doctoral degree regulations of the Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics and Natural Sciences of Universität Hamburg (abbreviated: Doctoral Degree Regulations MIN Faculty (2018)) come into effect from 1 October 2019. All doctoral candidates applying for admission to doctoral procedures in the Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics and Natural Sciences from that date will carry out their doctoral studies according to the new doctoral degree regulations. Doctoral candidates admitted to doctoral procedures before the enactment of the ‘new’ doctoral degree regulations can continue their doctoral procedures according to the rules of the Doctoral Degree Regulations MIN Faculty (2018) upon joint request by the doctoral candidate and her/his supervisor. This applies for all doctoral procedures which are conducted according to the doctoral degree regulations of the Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics and Natural Sciences from 1st December 2010 (abbreviated: Doctoral Degree Regulations MIN Faculty (2010)) or the departmental doctoral degree regulations (see for more details transitional regulations below).
Information on admission and doctoral examinations at the MIN Faculty
- Doctoral Degree Regulations MIN Faculty (2010) (PDF)
- Doctoral Degree Regulations MIN Faculty (2018) (PDF)
- Differences between the Doctoral Degree Regulations MIN Faculty (2010) and the Doctoral Degree Regulations MIN Faculty (2018) (PDF)
The document containing the differences between both doctoral degree regulations serves for information only. It is not legally valid and enforceable, but rather the respective doctoral degree regulations.
- Bylaws for Safeguarding Good Scientific Practice and Avoiding Scientific Misconduct Regulations (PDF)
These bylaws replace the former guidelines from 6 August 2014.
- Good Scientific Practice / Ombuds Office (Web)
- Faculty doctoral committee (PDF)
Admission to doctoral studies
The faculty doctoral committee has prepared a number of forms and information sheets that apply to all doctoral subjects.
- Application for admission to doctorate (Docata)
- Application-FAQs (PDF)
- Research project outline - separate form! (PDF)
- Change of individual doctoral study into a structured doctoral study (PDF)
Information sheets and guidelines
Completing a doctorate
Forms, information sheets and guidelines
- Termination of supervision relationship (PDF)
- Examination procedures:
- Docket for the publication of the dissertation:
After the oral defense a 'docket for the publication of the dissertation' will be provided either by the chair of the examination commission or can be collected from the Academic Office or Doctoral Office.