It is possible to take a doctorate in the following disciplines:
In addition to the departments, the MIN faculty has defined transdisciplinary key research areas, among them the excellence clusters CliCCS, Quantum Universe and CUI. In all areas, extensive networking takes place between the disciplines of the MIN faculty and other university faculties such as the Faculty of Medicine and the Faculty of Business, Economics and Social Sciences:
- Climate, Earth and Environment
- Photon and Nanosciences
- Structural Systems Biology and Infection Research
- Cognitive Systems
- Particle Physics, Astrophysics and Mathematical Physics
- Ecology and Biological Resources
- Data and Computing in Science
These cooperations allow doctoral researchers in all departments to strengthen their own research field as well as to get involved in excellent research alliances.
More information is available here.